- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Drug-resistant TB
- Childhood TB
- TB vaccine
- HIV vaccine
- TB-HIV co-infection
- TB-Diabetes co-morbidity
- Gender and TB
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Injecting drug use & harm reduction
- Swine flu
- Lung health
- Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
- Tropical diseases
- Health research
- Gender justice
- Child rights and health
Special Days for health communications
- World Cancer Day: 4 February
- International Women's Day: 8 March
- World Water Day: 22 March
- World Tuberculosis Day: 24 March
- World Health Day: 7 April
- World Malaria Day: 25 April
- World Asthma Day: 1st Tuesday of May
- World No Tobacco Day: 31 May
- World Environment Day: 5 June
- World Hepatitis Day: 28 July
- World Heart Day: 29 September
- World Mental Health Day: 10 October
- World Pneumonia Day: 12 November
- World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- World COPD Day: 20 November
- 16 days of activism against gender violence: 25 November – 10 December
- World AIDS Day: 1 December
- International Human Rights Day: 10 December
- Communal harmony
- Dalit rights and caste equity
- Lokpal Bill
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA)
- Nuclear disarmament and peace
- Palestine and Israel
- Right To Education (RTE)
- Right To Information (RTI)
- Trade agreements and right to health
- CNS Correspondents
- How to become a CNS Correspondent?
- CNS Health Fellowship Programme
- CNS Health Justice Media Awards
- CNS Webinars
- CNS Content Submission Policy and Agreement
Lucknow citizens come out in support of Dr Binayak Sen
"We are shocked to hear that the District and Sessions Court in Raipur has charged Dr Binayak Sen of sedition, treason and conspiracy against the State leading to life imprisonment. His conviction is one more example of the state succeeding in securing the conviction of an innocent person on the basis of false evidence" said the media release.
This committed advocate of civil liberties, Dr Binayak Sen, has spent over three decades in the service of some of the poorest and most underserved communities and raised his voice relentlessly against atrocities in the State of Chhattisgarh. The imprisonment of Dr Binayak Sen is symbolic of gross injustice and violation of democratic values by the State and the suppression of the voices of human rights defenders.
"We, as individuals and as members of various civil society organizations completely disagree with the verdict.
We condemn the charges, the prosecution and the conviction as a blow to democracy.
We hope that the higher judiciary will grant him immediate release and ensure that no further harm is done to him and the human rights movement.
We will support all efforts to obtain justice for Dr Binayak Sen.
- Immediate release of Dr Binayak Sen because there is no concrete evidence
- Repeal the draconian Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act, in the undercover of which grotesque human rights violations take place in the state.
- Wind up Salwa Judum" said the media release.