- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Drug-resistant TB
- Childhood TB
- TB vaccine
- HIV vaccine
- TB-HIV co-infection
- TB-Diabetes co-morbidity
- Gender and TB
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Injecting drug use & harm reduction
- Swine flu
- Lung health
- Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
- Tropical diseases
- Health research
- Gender justice
- Child rights and health
Special Days for health communications
- World Cancer Day: 4 February
- International Women's Day: 8 March
- World Water Day: 22 March
- World Tuberculosis Day: 24 March
- World Health Day: 7 April
- World Malaria Day: 25 April
- World Asthma Day: 1st Tuesday of May
- World No Tobacco Day: 31 May
- World Environment Day: 5 June
- World Hepatitis Day: 28 July
- World Heart Day: 29 September
- World Mental Health Day: 10 October
- World Pneumonia Day: 12 November
- World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- World COPD Day: 20 November
- 16 days of activism against gender violence: 25 November – 10 December
- World AIDS Day: 1 December
- International Human Rights Day: 10 December
- Communal harmony
- Dalit rights and caste equity
- Lokpal Bill
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA)
- Nuclear disarmament and peace
- Palestine and Israel
- Right To Education (RTE)
- Right To Information (RTI)
- Trade agreements and right to health
- CNS Correspondents
- How to become a CNS Correspondent?
- CNS Health Fellowship Programme
- CNS Health Justice Media Awards
- CNS Webinars
- CNS Content Submission Policy and Agreement
CNS Flashback 2010
List of issues CNS focussed on in the year 2010
CNS gave a strong priority to non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and chronic conditions on an ongoing basis all through the year 2010. We generated 1 CNS article on NCDs every third day in 2010.
Tuberculosis (TB) got the sharpest spotlight - and we generated 132 CNS articles through the year - 1 CNS article on TB every third day.
CNS generated nearly 1 article on diabetes every fourth day in 2010.
CNS generated more than 100 articles on gender/ sexuality/ transgender/ LGBT or related human rights issues in 2010.
CNS wrote one article on tobacco control every week in 2010.
With 36 in-depth features on environment (1 article on environment every 10 days) and 86 in-depth features on human rights issues like displacement and social justice, CNS ended the year 2010 supporting Dr Binayak Sen and the ongoing Asia to Gaza Caravan.
All through the year, a mosaic of issues were in spotlight on CNS including: Asthma, Pneumonia, lung health, heart disease/ cardio-vascular disease (CVD), road safety, gender, cancer, child rights, HIV/AIDS, microbicides, vaccines, new prevention technologies (NPT), health systems, displacement, tribals, influenza, dengue, democracy, food safety, piles or haemorrhoids, hepatitis C (HCV), surgery, and medical research.
CNS Thailand also produced more 1400 hours of FM RADIO programme content broadcasted through FM radio stations in northern Thailand
CNS and its team members are grateful to those who supported us in 2010
World Health Organization (WHO), International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), Stop TB Partnership, UNDP, International Diabetes Federation (IDF), Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance), Treatment Action Group (TAG), Aeras Global TB Vaccine Foundation, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND), Irish Forum for Global Health (IFGH), Microbicides Society of India (MSI), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Government of India, Diabetes Foundation India, International HIV/AIDS Alliance, PANOS Global AIDS Programme, among others.
We thank our friends who guided us through the year including Inis Communication, World Diabetes Foundation (WDF), Dr Sandeep Pandey, Arundhati Dhuru and Nadine Ferris France to name a few.
2010 CNS coverage from health and development events/ meetings in over 20 countries
CNS provided issue-based coverage from a range of health and development events around the world in the year 2010, with CNS writers reporting on-site from a range of countries including: Uruguay, Mexico, USA, Ethiopia, Egypt, South Africa, Italy, Germany, Austria, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Israel, Palestine (Gaza).
To read the events CNS covered in 2010, click here
Some of the key ‘days’ in 2010 around which CNS generated issue-specific content:
- World AIDS Day, 1 December
- World Human Rights Day, 10 December
- World Diabetes Day, 14 November
- World Pneumonia Day, 12 November
- World Mental Health Day, 10 October
- Nagasaki Day, 9 August 2010
- Hiroshima Day, 6 August 2010
- World Hepatitis Day, 28 July 2010
- World Asthma Day, 4 May 2010
- World Water Day, 22 March 2010
- World TB Day, 24 March 2010
- International Day Against Homophobia (IDAHO), 17 May 2010
- International HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, 18 May 2010
- International Women’s Day, 8 March 2010
- World Health Day, 7 April 2010
- World No Tobacco Day, 31 May 2010
- World Environment Day, June 2010
- World Cancer Day, February 2010
CNS News Monitoring Initiative (NMI)
NMI provides news monitoring, aggregation and analysis services on a range of issues like tuberculosis (TB), diabetes, tobacco control, climate change and help key stakeholders stay well-informed and complement evidence-based advocacy around the world.
Over the year 2010, NMI tracked over 5,500 tobacco related news, 1500 diabetes related news, 2300 TB related news, among others to synthesize and produce daily reports, weekly, fortnightly and monthly analytical summaries to help map trends and provide the key intelligence to guide advocacy and responses to specific issues…
We thank each one of you for your support, patronage and guidance that helped us contribute to the issues we focus on. Looking forward to your blessings in 2011 and beyond...