[Watch webinar recording] [Listen/ download audio podcast] We welcome you to register for an exclusive media webinar in lead up to this year's World Heart Day. It is almost a year now since our governments committed to reduce mortality related to non-communicable diseases (NCDs) by one-third by 2030. Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) - heart disease and stroke - are top killers - causing over 17 million deaths every year worldwide!
[Watch webinar recording]
[Listen/ download audio podcast]
Experts from the World Heart Federation, Department of Cardiology, King George's Medical University (KGMU) and International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) will present and respond to questions live!
- Date: Tuesday, 20th September 2016
- Time: 1:00pm Geneva Time, 12 noon London Time, 1pm Durban Time, 7:00am New York/ Boston Time, 4:30pm Indian Standard Time, 6pm Thailand time (check www.timeanddate.com for your local time)
- Duration: 60 minutes
To register, click here
About the Experts:
- [Presentation] [Watch 4:20 - 9:02 of webinar recording] Rachel Shaw, Project Manager, World Heart Federation
- [Presentation] [Watch 9:05 - 23:55 of webinar recording] Professor (Dr) Rishi Sethi, Department of Cardiology, King George's Medical University (KGMU); Organizing Secretary of XI National Conference of Indian Society of Cardiology 2016; and National Convener of STEMI sub-speciality council of Cardiological Society of India
- [Presentation] [Watch 24:10 - 36:30 of webinar recording] Alice Grainger Gasser, Programme Development Manager, World Heart Federation
- [Presentation] Dr Srinivas Ramaka, senior cardiologist, Srinivasa Heart Centre, Warangal, India
- Moderator: Ashok Ramsarup, noted award-winning commentator and former senior programme producer, South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC)
- Co-moderator: Shobha Shukla, Managing Editor, CNS (Citizen News Service)