[To read this posting in Hindi language , click here ]
Members of MediaNest cordially invite you on the proud occasion of the Announcement Ceremony of Media Medical Corpus - a MediaNest Initiative and also to share the joy of achievements of three of our fellow journalists.
His Excellency the Governor of Jharkhand Syed Sibtey Razi has kindly consented to grace the occasion.
Mr. Shiva Kumar, Chief General Manager - State Bank of India, will be the Guest-of-Honour.
Day: Saturday, 21 June 2008
Time: 1630 Hours
:: Venue ::
UP Press Club
China Bazaar Gate, Lucknow
Media Nest, a forum of concerned journalists was set up on 23rd October 2007 in Lucknow. The need for setting up a body for Media persons and their welfare had been felt since long. MN is an organization, comprising positive thinking media persons who could give a voice to issues and concerns affecting the rights of media and the society it represents, strive for creating a greater interaction between the media fraternity, raising issues that concern both journalists and the society they represent
MN will also provide a voice and platform to those among us who risk our lives to bring out truth. Welfare and safety of media persons are the two core areas where MN would like to work Cutting across borders MN will have members not only from every part of India but also from across the globe. The idea is to create a forum where hands-holding comes to us naturally in times of crisis and where greater interaction is possible between the families of media persons. While MN will stand up against any atrocities committed on any journalist anywhere in the world it will also try to provide an opportunity for enhancing the professional skills of media persons by organizing workshops, mid career trainings.
Working under so many pressures, odds, always championing the cause of other sections in society it has often been seen that that the issues affecting journalists are pushed under the carpet. Media Nest hopes to address all such issues..
MN will step in where others fall back. While addressing the concerns and rights of the media it will also ensure the voice of the common man is not stifled. Media Nest will take up issues concerning society with the same gusto and spirit as that of the media fraternity,” said Sharat Pradhan, president Media Nest.
In time to come will organize workshops, seminars, career trainings. Reflecting the true spirit of journalism- Media Nest will lead “journalists for making difference.”
The first activity of MN was workshop on contempt and media. Patrakarita ki Lakshmanrekha was discussed threadbare on 4th Nov, 2007 at UP Press Club. Present were journalists of Mid Day, Delhi Vitusha Oberai, editor Miday, and city Editor Mid Day, facing contempt.
Chief guest Justice Kameshwar nath, Supreme Court lawyers Prashant Bhushan, Mr. CB Pandey additional advocate general, Uttranchal, Magsaysay award winner and social activist Sandeep Pandey, Chief Secretary P K Mishra and commissioner Pandey also spoke. The session was chaired by Hindustan editor Naveen Joshi.
For more information, please contact:
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Drug-resistant TB
- Childhood TB
- TB vaccine
- HIV vaccine
- TB-HIV co-infection
- TB-Diabetes co-morbidity
- Gender and TB
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Injecting drug use & harm reduction
- Swine flu
- Lung health
- Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
- Tropical diseases
- Health research
- Gender justice
- Child rights and health
Special Days for health communications
- World Cancer Day: 4 February
- International Women's Day: 8 March
- World Water Day: 22 March
- World Tuberculosis Day: 24 March
- World Health Day: 7 April
- World Malaria Day: 25 April
- World Asthma Day: 1st Tuesday of May
- World No Tobacco Day: 31 May
- World Environment Day: 5 June
- World Hepatitis Day: 28 July
- World Heart Day: 29 September
- World Mental Health Day: 10 October
- World Pneumonia Day: 12 November
- World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- World COPD Day: 20 November
- 16 days of activism against gender violence: 25 November – 10 December
- World AIDS Day: 1 December
- International Human Rights Day: 10 December
- Communal harmony
- Dalit rights and caste equity
- Lokpal Bill
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA)
- Nuclear disarmament and peace
- Palestine and Israel
- Right To Education (RTE)
- Right To Information (RTI)
- Trade agreements and right to health
- CNS Correspondents
- How to become a CNS Correspondent?
- CNS Health Fellowship Programme
- CNS Health Justice Media Awards
- CNS Webinars
- CNS Content Submission Policy and Agreement